
Arsenal have already negotiated their way into the latter stages of the Champions League, and so Arsene Wenger has elected to rest a number of his elder Gunners.
The astute French coach has flown a squad to Greece that has a very Carling Cup feel with ten teenagers and an average age of 20, but Wenger believes that should Arsenal claim a positive result against Olympiacos then there can be no accusations that he is devaluing a prestigious competition.
"We left a few players behind," Wenger explained to Sky Sports. "I am very happy we do not absolutely have to win this game. All the players we've left need a rest. We travel with a very young team, fortunately we have players coming back from injury like [Theo] Walcott, who can play."
He continued: "It is a risk as if you don't win the game you will be criticised. I trust the players to do well and it will be another experience for them to show how good they are. Whether or not we are regarded to have respected the competition will depend on the result.
"We want always to win with style," Wenger hastily added.
Regarding the injuries that have plagued many English sides, Arsene said: "I look overall at the Premier League and the clubs have more injuries than usual, is it because we train harder, differences in the pitches? It's very hard to identify. I can only speak for ourselves and there is no obvious reason."
who cares, all i know is wengers team are not going to the next champions league
ReplyDeleteI KNOW THAT, THANKS ANYWAY, I WILL HAVE LOVE IT IF YOU HAVE INCLUDED YOU NAME
ReplyDelete